Friday 11 May 2012

Week 4 - Pitch Inspection

I have spoken to the groundsman at East Keswick and been told that the wicket has been covered since Wednesday and should be ok, but he is concerned at the state of the outfield as parts of it are currently quite badly waterlogged.

The forecast for the rest of today and especially tomorrow is due to be fine and fairly sunny with some strong winds, so it will dry out - but whether it is enough remains to be seen. I'd rather see the outfield myself and make a decision as when it's sunny and warm tomorrow afternoon I dont want to be left wondering whether we could have played or not. I will try and go over either tonight or tomorrow morning for a look. I'll make an update later on Friday afternoon/evening.

Update: I will be going to the ground at around 7.30pm this evening for an inspection.


No comments:

Post a Comment