Sunday 12 July 2009

Week 13 - Results

Unfortunately for the 2nd team yesterday's great effort in getting a draw (Congratuations to Ashley for his excellent 96 and Neil Chapman who made 41*) against Sherburn was cancelled out as had I failed to register Anis before the 10pm deadline. For anyone interested in the explanation....

Farid had texted me Anis's details on Friday evening, but despite checking my phone regularly for new text messages I didn't see it until I checked my 'Received Messages folder' at 10pm. I can only presume i'd sat on my phone at some point during the afternoon and read the message by accident, meaning I was unaware I had received it.

I e-mailed Kevin Hutchinson (who in charge of player registration) Anis's details, and said I hoped the few minutes delay would not affect his registration (the e-mail I sent arrived at 10:07pm), but that if it did could he please reply and let me know. I checked my e-mail Saturday morning, and again before I left at 12pm, but I had not received a reply from him.

Kevin Hutchinson replied to me at 8.50pm on Saturday evening telling me that he doesn't check his e-mails after 10pm on Friday evenings, and presumably not on Saturday mornings either. Therefore Anis was not registered to play. This means Sherburn receive all 6 points and East Keswick receive a £25 fine.

Ironically I wanted another player to make sure we had 11 players for the entire game as Andy Barber would have had to have left at 5.30pm - but as it turned out Andy could have played the full game as we fielded first and he would have not been needed to bat.

So I'd like to apologise to all concerned for costing us some important points. I've throw myself down the stairs several times as punishment.

--------------------------------

Week 13 saw East Keswick first team demolish Kirk Hammeton for just 41 runs and knock them off for the loss of one wicket in reply. The result leaves them 13 points clear at the top of Division 2.

1 comment:

  1. its all good boys, well win have to win all the games that we play now in order to go up the league.
    Why was my bowling not mentioned MR ANDY lol

    ReplyDelete